What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which are placed on your computer when you visit a website.
• First party cookies are set by the site you have chosen to visit.
• Third party cookies are set by sites external to the one you are visiting.
• Session cookies expire when you close your browser.
• Persistent cookies do not immediately expire and will remain on your computer until they reach their expiration date or you choose to remove them.
• Web beacons are small pixels that are used alongside cookies to monitor site activity.
What cookies do?
Buy A Barcode Limited uses first party cookies to:
• Provide a shopping service such as logging in to your account, remembering the contents of your basket and remembering your details whilst going through checkout.
• track visitor numbers, paths and sales to ensure that we can supply a fast and efficient shopping service.
Shop-Equip Limited uses third party session and persistent cookies to:
• track sales where the visitor was referred from external sites.
• track video views.
• provide remarketing support.
Buy A Barcode Limited work with third party suppliers such as Google Inc who may set cookies on our website. This allows Buy A Barcode Limited to use remarketing techniques to help target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing internet based advertisements that are personalised to your interests.
Buy A Barcode Limited uses web beacons to:
• track website traffic.
• gather statistics on the use of the website.
Why should I be concerned?
The E-Privacy Directive asks businesses to make their online customers aware of cookie usage, so that customers may opt out if they prefer. Cookies are not computer programs and they cannot spread viruses. They cannot access other information stored on the users computer in order to get a user's email address for example.
Buy A Barcode Limited recommends that you accept cookies from our site, as you will not be able to use our online shopping service without them, or would prevent Buy A Barcode Limited from making future improvements to services based on tracked visitor behaviour.
We use the following cookies:
• Strictly necessary cookies- These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
• Analytical/performance cookies- They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
• Functionality cookies- These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
• Targeting cookies- These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
However, if you wish to disable our cookies it can be achieved via your browser settings or via www.networkadvertising.org/choices To find out more about managing cookies visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org.
Most web browsers allow you to control cookies through their settings preferences. However, if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may impair your overall user experience, as it will no longer be personalised to you. Some browsers offer a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signal where you can indicate your preference regarding tracking and cross-site tracking. Although we do not currently employ technology that recognises DNT signals, we will only process your personal data in accordance with this Statement. Below you can learn about how to control cookie settings on popular web browsers:
• Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
• Internet_explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
• Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph17191?locale=en_US
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren't sure whether you need or not it's usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods.
Phone: 0208 144 1800